Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Soundcheck with NI Test Stand
ruchir
post Jun 8 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #1

Power User

SoundCheck Version Currently Using: SoundCheck 6.11
Years Using SoundCheck: 1

Does anyone have any information on how to interface Soundcheck with NI Test Stand? Also any known issues?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
John Smalley
post Jun 8 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #2

Power User

SoundCheck Version Currently Using: SoundCheck 6.11
Years Using SoundCheck: 5

Yes. smile.gif There are a couple of different ways to do it. It is dependent on the version of TestStand and how much coding you want to do. SoundCheck provides a way to do it though ActiveX but you can not use the ActiveX step type in TestStand due to it's limitation on the step data types that it allows(variant data being the problem)

My original approach was with SoundCheck 4.1 , TestStand 2.0 (about 4 years ago) and the Labview Adapter, and I created a LabView 6.1 wrapper VI that simply called the SoundCheck Run Sequence.vi. It is important to have the same version Labview as what was used to build SoundCheck. For deployment to a production system you have to have a Labview runtime server (RTS) and the Labview runtime engine(RTE). The RTS came with TestStand but it was 6.01. Using Labview 6.1 you can create the 6.1 RTS.

Now I have the latest version TestStand 3.5, SoundCheck 6.11. and the matching Labview 7.1.1. I use the labview adapter and call the SoundCheck Run Sequence.vi directly, since you can view the connector pane in the Specify Module part of the Labview adapter. You must be careful to create the custom data types for SoundCheck which you can do directly from the Labview adapter. The tricky ones are the return data for Waveform stack out, Data Stack out, Results Stack out.

You still will need an RTE and RTS. I've come to realize that you can actually use SoundCheck as the RTS if you want to. It will launch the SoundCheck.exe the first time you run the sequence so it's kind of slow, but it will work. It is very similar to the ActiveX approach. You can also create the Labview RTS version 7.1.1 which loads the necessary sub vi's faster.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 12:41 PM