SoundCheck is a complete system for complete characterization of analog and digital hearing aids and assistive hearing devices from the R&D lab to the production line. It measures parameters including gain and frequency response, directional response, OSPL, equivalent input noise, attack and release, and more.
Hearing Aid Measurements
- Gain and Frequency Response
- Input Vs. Output
- Equivalent Input Noise
- Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Attack and Release
- Current Drain
- Directional characteristics (polar plot)
- ANSI S3.22-2003, IEC 60118-7, JIS, Chinese National Standard GB 7263-87
R&D Hearing Aid Testing
SoundCheck is an extremely flexible tool for R&D testing of hearing aids and assistive hearing devices because it offers unlimited test development flexibility yet it is quick and easy to develop tests. Features include:
- Pre-written test sequences for testing hearing aids to ANSI S3.22-2003. This sequence bundle eliminates test development time and enables product testing to begin immediately.
- A wide range of stimulus options including standardized pure tones and noise stimuli as well as the freedom to use any WAV file as a source stimulus, enables new signal processing algorithms to be tested with real-world signals such as speech.
- Powerful Processing tools enable calculation of all hearing-aid related parameters from simple functions like spectral power or dB summation, THD, curve smoothing, and tolerances to more complex operations like attack/release times and advanced statistical analysis.
- Unlimited test development flexibility – in addition to all the included analysis functionality, SoundCheck supports customized formulae (equation editor module required) to perform customized calculations on data, e.g., Directivity Index. All of these functions can be placed in a test sequence for automatic calculation, as well as be used “offline” on data that is already collected.
- WAV files can be equalized to account for the response of the source speaker and provide a flat acoustical output. The result is a customized and fully calibrated stimulus, which can be analyzed using the 1/nth octave Real Time Analyzer or even a transfer function. This feature is available both in sequences as well as in the Virtual Instrument Signal Generator.
- Virtual Instruments – stand-alone virtual instruments (signal generator, multimeter, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, and real time analyzer) enable engineers to perform quick real-time measurements without writing or running a test sequence, and also minimize calibration requirements as they are part of the system calibration.
- Easy integration with Matlab for custom analysis
Production Line Hearing Aid Measurements
SoundCheck is ideal for performing production line hearing aid tests as a single test can meet all the requirements of ANSI S3.22 and IEC 60118-7.
- Pre-written test sequences for testing hearing aids to ANSI S3.22-2003 eliminates test development time and enables product testing to begin immediately. This test is simple to implement with clear message steps for the operator
- Results can be saved, exported, written to database to meet all record-keeping and reporting requirements
Examples: How do our Customers use SoundCheck for Measuring Hearing Aids?
These are just some of the hearing aid measurements that our customers are making:
- R&D testing of new hearing aid designs to ensure that they meet ANSI standards
- Measurement of frequency response and sensitivity in an assisted listening device
- Measurement of audio quality and bluetooth compatibility in a bluetooth hearing aid
More information? See the right sidebar to view detailed information about relevant test sequences, white papers, webinars and more about hearing aid testing.