- Frequency response
- Self-noise and signal-to-noise
- IM Distortion
- Simulated free-field response
- Directional characteristics (polar plot)
- Impulse response
- Max SPL
SoundCheck is the ideal tool for R&D microphone testing because it offers unlimited test development flexibility yet it is quick and easy to develop tests. Features include:
- Unlimited test flexibility – although SoundCheck is pre-programmed with all common microphone tests, it is so flexible that any test that you can conceive can be implemented. Simple point and click sequence development enables complex tests to be developed with no need for programming.
- Virtual instruments – a virtual real time analyzer, multimeter, signal generator, spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope offer the same functionality within the SoundCheck software as their conventional hardware counterparts.
- Advanced stimulus, analysis, post-processing and even statistical options allow you to not only make all the measurements you need but also calculate any parameters arising from these without leaving the system.
- Sophisticated report writing functionality enables comprehensive reports to be automatically generated, ensuring consistency and saving time.
- SoundCheck can perform substitution measurements, measuring the DUT and reference microphone simultaneously to account for the acoustic source.
- Accessories such as MEMS interfaces and microphone power supplies enable us to provide a complete test system for measuring all types of microphones.
Testing microphones on the production line using SoundCheck results in better quality and higher yields, as faults are immediately identified, enabling production lines to be halted before too much product is wasted. SoundCheck is fast, has high immunity to background noise, and is simple to operate. A production line microphone test system is considerably less expensive than an R&D system, as it contains just the functionality needed for production line microphone test.
- Fast – a complete production test, including frequency response, polarity and sensitivity can be executed in just one second
- Accurate – unique test signals and measurement algorithms ensure that measurements are fast and accurate, even in noisy environments
- Results can be compared to pre-set limits or a reference standard
- Results can be presented as a simple audible or visual pass/fail indication, a detailed failure mode analysis, or automatically written to a database
- Simple, error-free operation – SoundCheck can be configured for one-click operation, and various levels of operator control prevent modification of the test sequence. A Chinese language option is also available
- SoundCheck fully integrates with automatic production lines and large-scale test systems. It interfaces with barcode systems, footswitches, and PLCs, and can be controlled via Test Stand or LabVIEW
Examples: How do our Customers use SoundCheck for Measuring Microphones?
These are just some of the microphone measurements that our customers are making:
- 100% Production Line QC measuring frequency response, polarity and sensitivity
- R&D testing of MEMS microphones to measure the effect of design changes on performance – specifically on directional characteristics, sensitivity and distortion
- Open loop testing of microphones in a smartphone
- Incoming QC on microphones to be embedded in a home automation system
More information? See the right sidebar to view detailed information about relevant test sequences, white papers, webinars and more about microphone testing.