In this practical online seminar, Steve Temme demonstrates in-car measurement of frequency response, Max SPL, and Buzz, Squeak and Rattle using a Bluetooth connection. He discusses considerations such as physical setup, infotainment system controls and the measurement parameters. We then discuss connectivity for automotive testing, explaining and demonstrating the various connectivity options including USB drive, Bluetooth and A2B bus. Finally, we take a look at some of the other audio measurements that you can make using SoundCheck, for example active noise cancellation and voice assistance readiness.
Automotive Audio testing demonstrations include:
- Frequency Response
- Max SPL and Max SPL Spectrum
- Buzz, Squeak & Rattle
- Connectivity Optios – USB, Bluetooth, A2B bus
- ANC and Voice assistance readiness
Presenters: Steve Temme
Duration: 32 Mins
Automotive Audio Measurement Resources
This seminar was originally broadcast on July 21st 2022. The recording below does not include the live Q&A at the end for attendee confidentiality reasons. However, several links to additional resources were provided during the Q&A session, and these are provided below.
- Test sequence for in-car audio measurements. This sequence measures the impulsive distortion, frequency response, and maximum sound pressure level of a vehicle
- An article by Steve Temme on automotive Max SPL measurements. Originally published in VoiceCoil magazine, June 2022.
More about how to Measure Automotive Audio
Check out our main page on Automotive Audio Testing, which includes links to test sequences, relevant products and more.
Learn more about Connecting to Automotive Infotainment Systems
Maximum SPL measurements in cars
AES Technical Committee on Automotive Audio. Listen, Inc. works closely with this group to ensure that our measurement capabilities align with the measurements recommended by the AES.