Basic 2 day SoundCheck training
Monday Oct 7th & Tues Oct 8th, 8.30am – 5.30pm
This two-day class is designed to accelerate the learning curve for novice and basic level SoundCheck users. A combination of teaching, demos and hands-on exercises begin with the basics of system setup and calibration, using virtual instruments, and creating and modifying basic test sequences. On the second day, the sequence writing progresses to more complex techniques such as sequence loops, statistics and advanced post-processing.
Advanced SoundCheck training
Wednesday Oct, 9th, 8.30am – 5.30pm
This is designed for users who have already attended the basic class or who need to make more complex measurements and want to take their SoundCheck use to the next level. This course will include topics such as simulated free field measurements, open loop testing of smart devices, advanced distortion measurements, selecting an appropriate test stimulus (including speech, music and compound stimuli), advanced sequence development including conditional branching and looping, advanced post-processing algorithms and more.
Scroll down for full class outlines.
2-3 people from one company: 10% discount;
4 people will receive a 15% discount
5+ will receive a 25% discount.
Note: to qualify for the discount, all attendees must register together, but do not need to attend the same days.
In this class, we start with the basics – how to set up your system, calibrate your hardware and use the virtual instruments. We then focus on how to develop and modify test sequences, starting with stimulus, analysis and display options, and progressing to more advanced functionality such as sequence loops and jumps, statistics, and advanced post-processing. The class is a combination of classroom-style teaching and hands on practical sessions, so that when you leave the class you will be ready to go in practice as well as in theory.
This hands-on class covers all the major features of SoundCheck, including writing sequences, test signals, analysis, distortion measurements and more. The class is a combination of presentations interspersed with hands-on exercises to ensure that you are comfortable with all the concepts and methods taught before you leave the classroom. Although no previous SoundCheck experience is assumed, the course still offers plenty to users familiar with writing basic sequences. Content includes:
- Overview of SoundCheck software
- Software Options
- Configuring audio interfaces and external equipment
- Listen Certified Sound Cards
- Calibration of different DUT types (telephones, speakers, etc.)
- Virtual instruments
- Spectrum Analyzer, RTA, Multi-meter, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope
- Virtual Instruments – hands-on
- Online forum, bug and wish lists
- SoundCheck Steps & Sequences
- Philosophy & Architecture
- Creating and editing SoundCheck Test Sequences and Steps
- Using the Sequence Wizard
- Stimulus & Acquisition Step details
- Basic analysis
- Data Management Hands-on
- Sequence Development – hands-on
- Serial numbers
- Autosave and recall
- Messages – user prompts, calling external devices
- Sequence Development (part 2) – hands-on
- Sequence loops and jumps
- Advanced sequence development
Note: This is intended as a 2-day class, but each day may be taken separately if wanted. The first day will focus more on setup, calibration, virtual instruments and some beginning sequence writing. The second day will focus on sequence writing in much more detail.
This is designed for users who have already attended the basic class or who need to make more complex measurements and want to take their SoundCheck use to the next level. This course will include topics such as simulated free field measurements, open loop testing of smart devices, advanced distortion measurements, selecting an appropriate test stimulus (including speech, music and compound stimuli), advanced sequence development including conditional branching and looping, advanced post-processing algorithms and more. Content includes:
- Stimulus and analysis – choosing the right combination
- Open loop and Bluetooth testing methods in detail
- Advanced distortion measurements
- Advanced sequence development and post-processing
- Simulated free field measurements and SoundMap
- System and custom steps
- External control including Python integration