Cupertino SoundCheck Training – Sept 10-11, 2018
Unleash your audio test skills with our popular 2 day SoundCheck training course in Cupertino, CA on Sept 10-11.
In this class, we start with the basics – how to set up your system, calibrate your hardware and use the virtual instruments. We then focus on how to develop and modify test sequences, starting with stimulus, analysis and display options, and progressing to more advanced functionality such as sequence loops and jumps, statistics, and advanced post-processing. The class is a combination of classroom-style teaching and hands on practical sessions, so that when you leave the class you will be ready to go in practice as well as in theory.
This hands-on class covers all the major features of SoundCheck version 16, including writing sequences, test signals, analysis, distortion measurements and more. The class is a combination of presentations interspersed with hands-on exercises to ensure that you are comfortable with all the concepts and methods taught before you leave the classroom. Although no previous SoundCheck experience is assumed, the course still offers plenty to users familiar with writing basic sequences. Content includes:
- Overview of SoundCheck software
- Software Options
- Configuring audio interfaces and external equipment
- Listen Certified Sound Cards
- Calibration of different DUT types (telephones, speakers, etc.)
- Virtual instruments
- Spectrum Analyzer, RTA, Multi-meter, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope
- Virtual Instruments – hands-on
- Online forum, bug and wish lists
- SoundCheck Steps & Sequences
- Philosophy & Architecture
- Creating and editing SoundCheck Test Sequences and Steps
- Using the Sequence Wizard
- Stimulus & Acquisition Step details
- Basic analysis
- Data Management Hands-on
- Sequence Development – hands-on
- Serial numbers
- Autosave and recall
- Messages – user prompts, calling external devices
- Sequence Development (part 2) – hands-on
- Sequence loops and jumps
- Advanced sequence development
Course presenters: Mark Latshaw, Cam Ruffle-Deignan – Listen, Inc.
Cost: $950 ($665 with valid SoundCheck support contract)
Location / Dates / Time
Hilton Garden Inn, 10741 N Wolfe Rd, Cupertino, CA 95014
Sept 10-11, 2018. Coffee / snacks / sign-in starts at 8:00 AM and the training course runs from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM each day.