Most significant is the inclusion of a new frequency trigger. This allows frequency-based triggering of acquisition from an external source using a pilot tone at the beginning of a test sweep. This allows for improved accuracy over previous level-based triggering when capturing responses from a device where you don’t have direct access to the microphone or speaker, especially in noisy environments. This technique optimizes open loop test methods for smart speakers and other voice-controlled devices such as smart phones, robots, automotive audio, smart thermostats, hearables and more. You can view a short video explaining this feature here:
We also have a free measurement sequence using the frequency trigger that can be downloaded from our website so that you can test it out right away! View Sequence.
SoundCheck now also fully integrates with the Mentor A2B interface for testing automotive audio connected via the Analog Devices A2B digital bus. The Mentor Analyzer, which handles the transmission of signal in to and out of the bus, is viewed as an ASIO interface by SoundCheck, enabling SoundCheck to read/write to the device and therefore analyze any transducer connected to the A2B bus. A custom VI permits control of the Mentor A2B interface configuration via SoundCheck. This means that it can be controlled from within a SoundCheck sequence, for example loading configurations and starting/stopping ASIO streams. This makes it an ideal R&D or production line test solution for automotive audio, or for anyone testing transducers connected via A2B bus. More.
Also available (additional cost) with this new release are two optional sequences – background noise simulation to the ETSI ES 202 396-1 standard, and the TIA-920B dual-bandwidth telephone test standard.
The background noise simulation sequence (part number 3121) is a cost-effective alternative to dedicated background noise generation systems. It calibrates a 4.1 speaker array to conform with the ETSI ES 202 396-1 Standard, providing an equalized, calibrated playback solution to stress devices in a standardized and repeatable way. The sequence includes a library of real world binaural recordings from the standard, and custom or user-defined binaural recordings may also be used. Applications of this sequence include evaluating ANC, noise suppression, voice recognition testing, SNR optimization of microphones, beamforming directionality studies of microphone arrays and more. More.
The TIA-920B sequence (part number 3111) tests to the TIA-920B dual-bandwidth standard that applies to both narrowband (NB) and wideband (WB) devices. It also allows a choice between Free Field (FF) and Diffuse Field (DF) as the Listener Reference Point (LRP). The current release measures digital communications devices with handset features, according to TIA-920.110-B and speakerphones, according to TIA-920.120-B. Support for headset measurements, according to TIA-920.130-B will be added in a future release. More.
We are excited to announce that SoundCheck fully integrates with the Mentor A2B interface for testing automotive audio connected via the Analog Devices A2B digital bus. The Mentor Analyzer, which handles the transmission of signal in to and out of the bus, is viewed as an ASIO interface by SoundCheck, enabling SoundCheck to read/write to the device and therefore analyze any transducer connected to the A2B bus. A custom VI permits control of the Mentor A2B interface configuration via SoundCheck. This means that it can be controlled from within a SoundCheck sequence, for example loading configurations and starting/stopping ASIO streams. This makes it an ideal R&D or production line test solution for automotive audio, or for anyone testing transducers connected via A2B bus. Contact your Listen sales engineer for more information.
Please see our knowledgebase article for download links and installation instructions.
In this short 10 minute video, sales engineer Les Quindipan gives a brief overview and demonstration of the new features and functionality of SoundCheck 16.
For a limited time we are offering deep discounts on a system upgrade/support contract package to enable you to get up to date with the latest version of SoundCheck. The upgrade offer is a simple flat rate: $3,950 for owners of SoundCheck 10 or 11, $3,250 for owners of version 12, $2,500 for owners of versions 13 through 14, and $1,395 for owners of version 15. All the modules on your present system will be included.
SoundCheckTM 16’s feature-packed release includes several new features and algorithms for distortion measurements, new meters and recorders, and usability improvement. New features include:
- A new THD+N analysis algorithm which is more accurate and significantly faster than other audio test systems, and compliant with the AES17 standard.
- New Real Time Distortion Analyzer (optional) to provide continuous real time measurement of output distortion including THD and THD+N, THD and THD+N residual level and SINAD.
- New Frequency Counter (optional) to offer an accurate and clear visual indication of frequency, determining the dominant signal in a selected signal path and returning a precise frequency measurement.
- Save to Memory List option for All Meters allows the multimeter, distortion analyzer and frequency counter to save results to the memory list, even when used interactively.
- New Strip Chart Recorder (optional) enables the multimeter, distortion analyzer and frequency counter to plot measurements over time, equivalent to a classic, stand-alone hardware instrument.
- Sweep Equalization for Minimized Transients offers an option for a smooth transition between steps in stepped sine amplitude and frequency sweeps. These minimizes the transient response in the device under test, resulting in shorter test times and smoother sounding sweeps
- Upgraded Multimeter with a new, fixed or auto-tracking bandpass filter option, useful for measuring a specific signal in the presence of background noise.
- Simplified Setup with automatic updating with new devices makes it faster to get up and running with SoundCheck, and a new conversion tool facilitates updating custom VIs from an older version to the latest version of SoundCheck
- Outline ET250-3D Turntable Control using custom steps and an example sequence
- Easier external control of SoundCheck with control via Python and a virtual instrument wrapper to open and close virtual instruments from a custom VI or using TCP/IP.
Call your sales engineer today to receive a quote for upgrading all your SoundCheck systems. These discounted rates are only available until March 30, 2018, so order today!
|Upgrade from Version||Upgrade List Price||Promotional Upgrade Price||Discount|
If you are using a version prior to version 10, please contact your sales engineer for discounted price information.
- Effective Jan 01, 2018, versions of SoundCheck prior to version 13 will no longer be supported. We highly recommend that you take advantage of this limited time offer to upgrade your systems to version 16. Please contact your sales engineer to discuss additional multi-system upgrade discounts.
- If you have multiple systems with different purchase dates, we are happy to work with you to get them all upgraded to the latest version and onto the same annual support contract cycle.
- You can also reduce your future upgrade costs by purchasing an annual support contract for an additional $950. With this, you will receive SoundCheck 17 when it is released at no extra charge, as well as priority support service.
Please note that these prices are applicable to the US only. Users outside the US should contact Listen or their local representative for pricing information.
Please fax your purchase order to 617-556-4145 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us on this email address if you would like to pay by credit card, have any questions, or need additional paperwork to support your order.
Please also see the detailed information on new features.
We are excited to announce a new low-cost headphone test package – SoundCheck ONE for headphone testing (part # 1007). This includes SoundCheck ONE, a basic version of the SoundCheck software, along with AudioConnectTM, an audio interface with built-in headphone amplifier. Only a headphone coupler or test fixture and associated power supply is additionally needed to make up a complete headphone test system. The SoundCheck ONE headphone test sequence carries out all basic headphone measurements such as frequency response, sensitivity, THD, Rub & Buzz, Perceptual Rub & Buzz, loose particles, polarity and channel balance. It can be easily customized and saved for specific products by turning individual measurements on and off, and by adjusting settings within each sequence step such as stimulus range and level, tolerance limits, graphical displays, and data saving. It is an excellent low-cost entry level system, ideal for those on a tight budget.
Please note that although the SoundCheck ONE Headphone test sequence cannot have steps added/removed or the layout modified, customers may upgrade to a SoundCheck package that supports this at any time in the future, should testing needs expand to require additional functionality. Listen can also offer the GRAS 45CC headphone test fixture along with a SoundConnect 2 power supply for a complete production line test system.
Production line headphone test setup with SoundCheck ONE and the GRAS 45CC
For more information, please contact your Listen sales engineer: email@example.com
A new 4 page brochure outlines Listen’s capabilities in loudspeaker and microspeaker testing. SoundCheck offers simple, fast and accurate testing of any loudspeaker – no matter what the form factor, functionality, connector or additional features. It measures a full range of driver parameters via traditional analog or digital, wireless/Bluetooth, Toslink, HDMI or USB connections, as well as microphone performance, surround sound and more.
Measurements that SoundCheck can make include:
- Frequency response
- Phase & polarity
- Distortion: harmonic, IM, multitone & non-coherent
- Rub & Buzz (inc. Perceptual Rub & Buzz)
- Directivity (including polar plots)
- Max SPL
- Power rating tests
- Simulated free field measurements
- Thiele-Small parameters
- Time-frequency analysis
A new 4 page brochure outlines Listen’s capabilities in automotive audio testing. SoundCheck offers simple, fast and accurate testing of vehicle audio quality, from individual speaker components to complete in-vehicle infotainment and telematics systems. With interfaces to connect via Bluetooth, Lightning, USB and with individual MEMs devices, as well as analog connections, SoundCheck can handle the complexity and demands of testing in today’s vehicles. The measurements that SoundCheck can make include:
- Speaker/system response
- Speaker/panel buzz, squeak and rattle
- Bluetooth audio performance
- Head unit and amplifier response & THD+N
- Microphone/microphone array response
- Active noise cancellation effectiveness
- Spatial reproduction accuracy