Discounted AES75-2022 (M-Noise) Test Package/in Product News /by Devin Vaillancourt
Listen is the first test and measurement company to automate measuring loudspeakers to the new AES75-2022: AES standard for acoustics — Measuring loudspeaker maximum linear sound levels using noise. This removes subjectivity, increases reliability, and saves time. To help you get started with this sequence, we’ve put together a special deal including the two optional modules that you need to run this sequence, Waveform Filter and Transfer function, along with the test sequence. This AES75 ‘bundle’ is just $2,250, a 25% discount on our list price. (Please note that SoundCheck Plus version 20 is required – and if you also need to upgrade, we’ll give you 25% off on that too!)
|Item / Part Number||Description||List Price|
|2023||Waveform Filter Module||$1,000|
|2021||Transfer Function Module||$2,000|
|n/a||AES75 Test Sequence||$0|
*Required Equipment to run this sequence:
- SoundCheck 20 Plus or later, including modules listed above
- Audio Interface/Amplifier/Microphone power supply – Listen AmpConnect ISC (p/n 4042) or separate components
- Reference Microphone – Listen SCM-4 (p/n 4012) or similar
The New MDT-4000 Turntable/in Product News /by Zarina
There’s a new turntable in town!
We’re excited to launch the Portland Tool and Die MDT-4000 Turntable, exclusively available from Listen. Designed specifically for audio measurements, it packs a host of usability and safety features, along with high precision and low maintenance in a compact and lightweight package. Features include:
High Precision: The MDT-4000 offers a resolution of 0.1°, one of the most accurate on the market.
Low maintenance: A maintenance-free worm drive requires no lubrication, making this turntable maintenance-free, an advantage when it is remotely located, for example in an anechoic chamber
Easy Set-Up and Operation: The turntable has a built in level, along with 4 adjustable feet, making it quick to perfectly level and align equipment. Clearly visible degree markings provide quick visual confirmation of position and make it easy to align accessories with the turntable. Mounting holes at 3”, 9” and 15” diameter provide a variety of mounting options, and a center cable pass-through prevents tangling. The turntable retains position memory across power cycles, so the display remains synchronized with the actual position, even when the turntable is turned off.
Flexible control options: 4 control options offer ultimate flexibility:
- USB – easy control for short distances
- RS232 for longer distances and backwards compatibility with LT360
- RestAPI provides long distance communication via LAN, enabling control via a webpage using a laptop or smartphone and enabling custom control applications to be written
- Full control from within SoundCheck (naturally!)
Packed with safety features: With emergency stop buttons on the front panel and in the software, plus an optional remote button for when the turntable is not within reach, your valuable products and instrumentation are protected. An automatic stall detection mechanism identifies if an obstruction is preventing the turntable from reaching its target position and both warns the user and stops the drive to prevent damage to equipment.
Quiet operation: Silent at rest, and low-noise when rotating, it is ideal for audio applications. Variable torque enables slower rotation speeds to be used for quieter operation when measuring during rotation.
Right-sized: Supports weights of up to 100kg in either compression or inverted orientation, making it suitable for the majority of audio applications. Weighing in at just 12kg, it is easy for one person to move around the laboratory.
Competitively priced: The MDT-4000 is competitively priced with other turntables, and considerably less expensive than others offering the same advanced functionality.
Full specifications coming soon!
Contact Sales@listeninc.com for a quotation or more information.
SoundCheck 20 New Features Video/in Product News /by Zarina
In this short video, Devin Vaillancourt gives a brief overview of SoundCheck 20 new features including the new enhanced Perceptual Rub & Buzz, features for multichannel testing including the new multichannel RTA, new features for communications testing, POLQA analysis, signal generator upgrades and more.
Huge Discounts on SoundCheck 20 Upgrades/in Product News /by Devin Vaillancourt
For a limited time we are offering deep discounts on a system upgrade to enable you to get up to date with the latest version of SoundCheck. The upgrade offer is a simple flat rate: $3,950 for owners of SoundCheck 14 or 15, $3,250 for owners of version 16, $2,500 for owners of versions 17 and 18, and $1,395 for owners of version 19. All the modules on your present system will be included. Promotional pricing valid till June 30th, 2022.
When you upgrade to the latest version of SoundCheck, the license is perpetual – in other words, you keep all the new features you have acquired for ever (or until you decide to upgrade to an even newer version). Please ask us if you have any questions about upgrade licensing!
SoundCheck® 20 offers new features for multi-channel and room acoustics, as well as many usability upgrades including:
- Enhanced Perceptual Rub & Buzz: Our new Perceptual Rub & Buzz algorithm is a reliable and repeatable method of detecting audible Rub & Buzz faults on the production line, increasing yield by rejecting only devices with audible distortion defects.
- New Multichannel RTA functionality: The multichannel Real Time Analyzer now displays multiple channels simultaneously, and offers real time calculation and display of channel addition, subtraction, maximum, minimum and power average.
- Updated Signal Generator: A complete overhaul of the signal generator brings additional functionality and simplified operation, particularly when using wav files.
- POLQA: The optional POLQA (Perceptual Objective Listening Quality Analysis) module brings POLQA analysis right into SoundCheck, for perceptual measurements of speech degradation in communications applications ranging from telephones to smart devices.
- Batch Processing of external files: External data files can now be batch-loaded and processed. This enables testing of a large number of external data files to be automated via a sequence, for example wav files of speech recordings.
- New Features for Communications Testing: New stimulus steps and post-processing capabilities such as a silence stimulus step, and RMS level versus time and histogram post-processing steps support communications testing needs, for example, measurement of Doubletalk and other speech transmission parameters.
- Stimulus editor upgrade: The stimulus editor can now create a stimulus from any waveform in the memory list and equalize and adjust its level, for example using active speech level. This enables such adjustments to be made to externally acquired test signals, such as those imported into SoundCheck via TCP/IP or recall steps.
- Saving Multichannel Wav files: It is now possible to export multiple SoundCheck recorded waveforms to a single multichannel wav file.
Upgrade from Version
Upgrade List Price
Promotional Upgrade Price
If you are using a version prior to version 14, please contact your sales engineer for discounted price information.
- Versions of SoundCheck prior to 15 are no longer supported. We highly recommend that you take advantage of this limited time offer to upgrade your systems to the latest version. Please contact your sales engineer to discuss additional multi-system upgrade discounts.
- If you have multiple systems with different purchase dates, we are happy to work with you to get them all upgraded to the latest version and onto the same annual support contract cycle.
- You can also reduce your future upgrade costs by purchasing an annual support contract for an additional $950. With this, you will receive SoundCheck 21 when it is released at no extra charge, as well as priority support service.
Please note that these prices are applicable to the US only. Users outside the US should contact Listen or their local representative for pricing information.
Please email your purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us on this email address if you would like to pay by credit card, have any questions, or need additional paperwork to support your order.
Please also see the detailed information on new features.
SoundCheck 20 Released: ePRB, Features for communications testing, POLQA, Multichannel enhancements and more/in Product News /by Zarina
SoundCheck 20, Listen’s flagship audio analysis software, introduces a new state-of-the-art perceptual distortion algorithm for end-of-line testing – Enhanced Perceptual Rub & Buzz. It also includes a host of new features for multichannel and communications testing, increasing its capabilities for audio measurement of smart speakers, infotainment systems, headphones and hearables, and other voice-activated and multichannel devices.
The new enhanced Rub & Buzz algorithm is a reliable and repeatable perceptual method for detecting audible Rub & Buzz faults on the production line. This offers manufactures the option to increase yield by rejecting only those devices with audible distortion defects. Based on the sound psychoacoustic principles used in Listen’s industry-standard 2011 perceptual algorithm, new research offers refinements that improve listener correlation and new, patent-pending, noise reduction technology offers unrivaled repeatability and reliability for end-of-line use. In fact,this algorithm performs like a human ear under normal listening conditions with the background noise of a manufacturing environment! SoundCheck measures perceptual Rub & Buzz using the same stepped sine wave, simultaneously with other end-of-line measurements, enabling this valuable analysis to be added to production line tests with no extension in test time.
Two of SoundCheck’s virtual instruments, the multichannel RTA and the Signal Generator, have been significantly upgraded. The multichannel Real Time Analyzer now includes expanded functionality for real time observation of audio signals. It displays multiple channels simultaneously, and offers real time calculation and display of channel, subtraction, maximum, minimum and power average. Applications for this new feature include real-time observation of active noise cancellation, automotive industry standard 6-microphone array infotainment measurements, validating headphone seal on a test head prior to measurement by comparing left and right earphone response, and more. RTA curves are now seamlessly integrated with SoundCheck’s standard graphs and can be dragged and dropped into any graph for easy comparison to limits and reference curves. This is useful for quick comparisons to reference standards or golden units, tuning automotive infotainment systems, and more.
An overhauled signal generator brings additional functionality and simplified operation, particularly when using wav files. In addition to standard audio stimuli (sine, white noise, pink noise, etc.) with user-selected sampling rates and resolution, it can play any wav file, any memory list file, and any complex waveform created by the stimulus editor. The level can be referenced to Peak, dB or RMS. The signal can be equalized in real time, and custom EQ curves applied, which is useful when using a non-flat source such as a mouth simulator. A specific portion of a waveform can be selected to play, either by selecting a start and stop time in seconds, or by examining the waveform, and signals can play for a fixed duration, a fixed number of times, or in a continuous loop. Outputs from 2 or more signal generators can be mixed on the same channel, and waveforms from multiple signal generators can be synchronized, or delayed for phase control during playback.
The optional POLQA (Perceptual Objective Listening Quality Analysis) module brings Opticom’s POLQA 3 algorithm, implementing the ITU-T P.863 standard, right into SoundCheck, where it can be used for perceptual measurements of speech degradation in communications applications ranging from telephones to smart devices. Used just like any other analysis step in a sequence, this is a fast and cost-effective alternative to a panel of human listeners. In addition to speech degradation measurements, it may also be used to assess the impact of noise reduction algorithms, evaluate bluetooth degradation due to packet loss, or to analyze distortions introduced into the audio path.
Several new features expand the software’s post-processing capabilities for testing communications devices. These include batch processing of external files, a silence stimulus step, and RMS level versus time and histogram post-processing steps. A pre-written test sequence for categorizing Doubletalk performance to two international standards, ITU-T P.502 and ETSI TS 126 132 (part #3114), from communications expert John Bareham, is also available. Other enhancements include a stimulus editor upgrade, the ability to export multiple SoundCheck recorded waveforms to a single multichannel wav file and a hardware reset option for quickly changing audio interfaces or restoring hardware to a known configuration.
Log4j Vulnerability Statement/in Product News /by Zarina
SoundCheck software is not affected by any lapses in security caused by Log4j or other Apache logging frameworks.
Current and previous versions of SoundCheck do not use the Java logging package Log4j, therefore do not pose any security risk. This applies to all versions of SoundCheck, SoundCheck One, NoiseCheck, and SoundCheck demo versions.
2021 End of Year Promos/in Product News, Uncategorized /by Zarina
We have some amazing discounts to celebrate the end of 2021 and help you get more for your money.
Each of these will be launched on the scheduled dates; we are happy to provide quotes for these items ahead of the scheduled date, to enable efficient order processing. All offers expire at 5pm on December 31st. Please contact your sales engineer or email email@example.com with any questions.
|Nov 29th||26% off version upgrades (support contract purchase required)|
|Dec 6th||26% off all additional modules|
|Dec 13th||Free software upgrade from 2 to 8 channels when you buy an AmpConnect 621 ($1500 value)|
|Dec 20th||26% off package upgrades (basic to advanced; advanced to complete etc)|
|Dec 27th||26% off new Stereo Soundfield Parameters sequence|
Note: offers cannot be combined with other discounts (e.g. quantity discounts).