AmpConnect™ ISC – with internal sound card
USB Controlled Loudspeaker & Microphone Test Interface
AmpConnect ISC is a complete, self-contained audio measurement interface which provides a complete solution for measuring speakers, headphones and microphones. Replacing multiple hardware devices, AmpConnect ISC connects to your computer via a single USB cable and is fully integrated with SoundCheck. The initial setup is fully automated; SoundCheck automatically detects when an AmpConnect ISC is connected and reads the factory programmed calibration data – no user intervention is required.
In addition to the audio interface, AmpConnect ISC also provides microphone power, drives speakers and headphones, and includes impedance measurement circuits. Further features include automated control of signal routing, input gain and instrument configuration. Especially useful is complete integration peak level detection and automatic input gain control. When used with SoundCheck the input gain is automatically optimized for every acquisition.
AmpConnect’s simple setup and compact package make it ideal for production line applications. The digital I/O ports can be used for communicating with relay boards, lighted pass/fail indicators, footswitches and other devices. The front panel can be disabled, locked out, and the instrument controlled exclusively via SoundCheck to ensure that the hardware is always configured correctly. Furthermore, automated output signal routing and dual microphone inputs allows AmpConnect to be configured to alternate between two test stations, maximizing throughput.
It also offers excellent functionality for the R&D lab. The two independently configurable signal routing options enable virtually any test to be realized – for example they can be used for measuring impedance using the internal reference loads (and Listen’s patent-pending high accuracy single channel impedance measurement method), connecting the output of the power amp back to the soundcard for calibration, or sending reference or DUT signals to the outputs.
Loudspeaker and Microspeaker Testing
For loudspeaker measurement AmpConnect provides:
- 60W power amplifier output to drive the speaker under test
- Integrated current sense function for impedance measurement
- Dual measurement microphone inputs with low noise pre-amps and automatically controlled gain from -20 to +40 (in 10 dB steps).
For microphone testing AmpConnect can be configured to:
- Drive a mouth simulator or source speaker
- Use one microphone input for a reference measurement microphone and the second microphone input to simultaneously measure the device under test
For headphone and headset test, AmpConnect can:
- Connect and power up to two ear simulators / couplers using the built in pre-polarized microphone power supplies and pre-amplifiers
- Directly drive typical headphone drivers with the integrated headphone amp
- Drive a source speaker or mouth simulator to test a microphone integrated in to the headset with the power amplifier output
- All components for testing louspeakers, headphones and microphones in a single unit with just one USB connection to the computer
- True plug and play operation and fully integrated with SoundCheck
- Automated control via SoundCheck or manual control via the front panel interface.
- Rugged and rack-mountable for demanding production environments
- Excellent ground loop immunity compared to discrete components
- Clear indications (software and LED) that microphone, DUT, and power amplifier levels are all operating within maximum dynamic range
- Unique patent pending high accuracy single channel impedance measurement
- CE Marked (please request CE Marked version at time of order)
2 Channel, balanced inputs and outputs, supports up to 44.1 kHz sample rate and 24 or 16 bits.
Input Dynamic Range: 110 dB typical
Output Dynamic Range: 114 dB typical
Input/Output Coupling: AC
Amplitude linearity: ± 0.3 dB
Amplitude Flatness: 20 – 20 kHz ± 0.25 dB
THD @ 1 kHz: 0.001% typical
Crosstalk @ 1 kHz: -110 dB
Phase Linearity: ± 5 degrees
Continuous Output Power: 60W RMS into 4W, 47W RMS into 8W
Frequency Response: -0.5dB at 20Hz; -0.2dB at 20kH
THD at 60W, 4 Ohms: 0.019%
Voltage Gain: +26.4dB, +/-0.1dB
Loudspeaker Current Measurement:
Z-High = 1V/A +/-1%
Z-Low = 100mV/A +/-1%
Output Impedance = 0Ω
Internal Sine Generator
Output Level: 0dBV (1V RMS) +/-0.1dB
Output Frequency: 1kHz +/- 1Hz
Reference & DUT Inputs:
Gain: -20dB to +40dB in 10dB steps
Maximum input at –20dB: 100V RMS
Maximum input at +40dB: 100mV RMS
Frequency Response: -3dB at 20Hz & 150kHz;
IEPE Bias: 10mA, 20VDC (max)
ECM / Electret Bias: 500mV – 12 VDC through 2.2kΩ
USB 2.0 Interface:
All front panel functions USB controllable
Front panel can be locked out via USB
Outputs automatically disabled upon USB disconnect or PC shutdown
Without rack mounting flanges: 17 in. wide, 2-Unit (3-1/2 in.) high, 11 in. deep
Weight: 7 lbs (3.2kgm) approx.
Power: 85 – 264VAC 50/60 Hz, 150 Watts (max)
Part # 4042A: AmpConnect – Test interface box with internal sound card, USB control from SoundCheck
Part # 4042C: AmpConnect – Test interface box with internal sound card, USB control from SoundCheck. CE Marked
Please check out our Audio Interface compatibility table which outlines the compatibility of each interface with various computer operating systems before making your selection, and don’t hesitate to contact one of our sales engineers for help selecting the best audio interface for your application and budget.