SoundConnect 2 mic power supply
2 Channel Microphone Power Supply and Conditioning Amplifier
SoundConnect 2 is a compact and rugged USB controlled microphone power supply and conditioning amplifier. It can power either one or two microphones, so it is a great choice for audio test applications where two microphones need to be powered simultaneously, for example headphone testing, stereo measurements, or when you need a reference microphone as well as your DUT microphone for substitution measurements.
- USB Control: SoundConnect 2 features full USB control from within SoundCheck in addition to the manual interface.
- Powers most test microphones: Two powered BNC connectors on the rear panel provide 10 VDC power for Listen SCM microphones, and IEPE power for IEPE microphones or accelerometers. Optional LEMO connectors are available for powering microphones that require 200V polarization. It is fully TEDS compatible* for seamless communication of calibration data to your measurement device.
- Wide frequency response: SoundConnect 2 has a bandwidth greater than 100kHz, and offers gain control from -20dB to +40dB in 10dB increments. User-selectable low pass (22.4kHz and 120 kHz) and high pass (1Hz, 10Hz, 20Hz and 100Hz) 2nd order Butterworth filters with -1dB corners, permit the frequency response to be tailored for a wide variety of applications. Each channel is independently configurable, and the configurations can be stored for later recall.
- Low Self-Noise: SoundConnect 2 offers excellent dynamic range and low distortion. Balanced inputs and outputs offer excellent noise rejection and ground loop immunity.
Simple User Interface: The front panel features simple push buttons for power and gain control; multi-colored level indicators and a 2-line LCD display offers a clear readout of settings.
- Compact and Lightweight: The unit is compact and lightweight, measuring just 4 3/8” wide and 2 units high. Up to four units can be mounted side by side in a 19” x 2U rack.
- Excellent Value: SoundConnect 2 is less than half the price of other microphone power supplies that offer similar functionality.
* Feature under development. Available soon as a software upgrade.