SoundCheck Hardware Setup For Headphone Sequence
Before the first run of the sequence, open the Hardware Editor and select the Listen Hardware Tab. (This requires that the user has signed in with Engineer or Technician Access Level.)
Set the Startup Default for AudioConnect as shown below.
- The AudioConnect Inputs are set to Line In. This is assuming that you will be using an external microphone power supply for the ear simulators.
- Click Apply to send the settings to AudioConnect.
- Click OK and save the changes to the Hardware Editor.
The AudioConnect Message Step in the Sequence Template shows the settings required for use with the sequence.
SoundCheck – Hardware Editor – Startup Default
Sequence Setup & Calibration
Calibration should be performed according to the instructions in the SoundCheck Manual.
Sequences should be closed before calibrating.
Additional instructions are included below.
- The ear simulators or couplers should be calibrated according to the instructions in the SoundCheck manual on microphone calibration. You will need to calibrate the signal paths: Ear Sim L and Ear Sim R.
Generating SoundCheck ONE Sequences
- Open the template sequence for Headphones which will serve as the starting point. Note that all sequences must be generated from this template. Sequences cannot be created from scratch.
- Use File – Save As to store a copy of the sequence with a new name. The new sequence file can bestored anywhere on the system. It does not need to be stored in the same folder as the template. The templates are Read-only files and may not be overwritten.
- To modify sequence parameters click Setup then choose the step category that you would like to modify (See the examples below).
- Click the green start button on the toolbar to run the sequence and see the result.When finished making changes save the sequence (File – Save) to store your changes to disk.
Sequence Editing Examples:
To edit the stimulus level and frequency range in a SoundCheck ONE sequence click Setup – Stimulus. This will open the stimulus editor. Make the desired changes then click ‘OK’. The changes will be saved to disk when the sequence is saved.
Edit Stimulus Parameters
Example: Set the stimulus level according to the requirements for the specific Device Under Test.
To edit the limits in a SoundCheck ONE sequence click Setup – Limits. You will see a list of all the different limit steps in the sequence. Choose the one you would like to edit, and click ‘OK’. The editor will open where you can
make any desired changes then click ‘OK’. The changes will be saved to disk when the sequence is saved.
Edit Limits Parameters
To edit the display in a SoundCheck ONE sequence, first click the tab for ‘Final Display’. The windows for the sequence display will then open.
Display and Memory List
Add or remove windows, modify what data is shown in a window via the Memory List, and change the display preferences of the individual windows. The entire display is configurable. Once all necessary changes have been made click File – Save to save the sequence.
For more detailed information on using any of these step editors see the SoundCheck manual.