In this short video, sales engineer Les Quindipan gives a brief overview and demonstration of the new features and functionality of SoundCheck 17, including the new level and cross-correlation trigger, average curve/waveform post-processing functionality, new color palettes, save to MATLAB option, and more.
Listen is excited to announce the release of SoundCheck Version 17. This new Windows/Mac release offers many features to simplify multi-channel and voice controlled testing, such as a new level and cross-correlation trigger, average curve/waveform post-processing functionality, the ability to easily read and work with multichannel wavefiles, multiple DC Connect control, and enhanced database options. On the usability side, SoundCheck 17 offers increased flexibility in color palettes, save to MATLAB option, and the ability to recall CSV formatted text files.
Today’s modern audio devices have two important testing requirements: the ability to test a voice activated device with no analog input, and the ability to control and test multiple channels simultaneously, for example, microphone or speaker arrays. SoundCheck 17 contains a host of new features to facilitate this. For voice-activated measurements on devices with no analog input, such as smart speakers, wearables, hearables and smart home devices, the new level & cross-correlation ‘smart trigger’ offers improved performance. By using a chirp-based conditioning tone and searching for the exact log sweep frequency, it is more robust and less susceptible to false triggers than simpler level and frequency triggers.
To save time when testing smart devices where it is necessary to test microphone or speaker arrays, SoundCheck 17 can now directly read multichannel WAV files from the memory list, signal generator and stimulus steps. Also for testing multi-channel arrays, multiple DC Connects can now be controlled, independently configured, and used for data acquisition within SoundCheck. The new Average Curve/WFM post processing function which allows the average curve (or waveform) of a selected group of data in the memory list to be obtained, is particularly useful for power averaging selected curves, averaging curves from different spatial positions (e.g. microphone arrays), and complex averaging of multiple measurements with background noise. Finally, the database module has been enhanced and is now it 4x faster and 3x more space-efficient than previous versions. This is particularly important for testing modern audio products with multiple transducers (microphone arrays, multiple speakers, etc.), as these often generate large volumes of data.
Usability enhancements include improved color pallets which offer ultimate flexibility in defining colors for backgrounds, grids, cursors and graph lines. New default color palettes are included, and user-defined palettes can be saved as pre-set files which will be applied to any new display created. Multiple palettes can be saved, for example allowing different color sets for different applications. In addition, SoundCheck can now save any data (including memory list curves and Soundmap (time frequency analysis) data ) to MATLAB for additional processing. Data is saved as a standard MAT file and can be manually or automatically saved in this format.
Additional new features include support for the new APTX HD codec for high resolution Bluetooth testing, a 64 bit Demo / Data Viewer which enables measured data to be recalled and viewed without the need to own a separate license, and the ability to recall CSV files as well as TXT files.
More Information: https://www.listeninc.com/products/soundcheck-software/specs/
For a limited time we are offering deep discounts on a system upgrade to enable you to get up to date with the latest version of SoundCheck. The upgrade offer is a simple flat rate: $3,950 for owners of SoundCheck 11 or 12, $3,250 for owners of version 13, $2,500 for owners of versions 14 through 15, and $1,395 for owners of version 16. All the modules on your present system will be included.
SoundCheckTM 17’s feature-packed release offers many features to simplify multi-channel and voice controlled testing, as well as many usability upgrades including:
- Improved color pallets for ultimate flexibility in defining colors for backgrounds, grids, cursors and graph lines.
- Save to MATLAB – All data including memory list curves and Soundmap (time frequency analysis) data can now be saved to MATLAB for additional processing. Data is saved as a standard MAT file and can be manually or automatically saved in this format.
- A new Level & Cross-Correlation Trigger (requires optional module 2006 – Time Selective Response) for improved performance for open loop measurements
- An enhanced database (optional module) is now 4x faster and 3x more space-efficient than previous versions, making it an extremely powerful data management tool for customers testing modern audio products with multiple transducers (microphone arrays, multiple speakers, etc.), as these frequently generate large volumes of data.
- SoundCheck can now read multichannel WAV files directly from the memory list, signal generator and stimulus steps, simplifying the testing of multichannel devices such as microphone or speaker arrays
- SoundCheck can now control multiple DC Connects which can be configured independently
- A new Average Curve/WFM post processing function allows you to obtain the average curve (or waveform) of a selected group of data in the Memory List.
- SoundCheck now supports the new APTX HD codec for high resolution Bluetooth testing
- A 64 bit demo / data viewer replaces the 32 bit demo version. When the software key is not installed, previously measured data can still be recalled and viewed.
- CSV formatted files can be recalled in addition to TXT files.
Call your sales engineer today to receive a quote for upgrading all your SoundCheck systems. These discounted rates have been extended until June 7th, 2019 but will not be available after that, so please get your order in soon!
|Upgrade from Version||Upgrade List Price||Promotional Upgrade Price||Discount|
If you are using a version prior to version 11, please contact your sales engineer for discounted price information.
- Effective Jan 01, 2018, versions of SoundCheck prior to version 13 will no longer be supported. We highly recommend that you take advantage of this limited time offer to upgrade your systems to version 17. Please contact your sales engineer to discuss additional multi-system upgrade discounts.
- If you have multiple systems with different purchase dates, we are happy to work with you to get them all upgraded to the latest version and onto the same annual support contract cycle.
- You can also reduce your future upgrade costs by purchasing an annual support contract for an additional $950. With this, you will receive SoundCheck 18 when it is released at no extra charge, as well as priority support service.
Please note that these prices are applicable to the US only. Users outside the US should contact Listen or their local representative for pricing information.
Please fax your purchase order to 617-556-4145 or email it to email@example.com, or contact us on this email address if you would like to pay by credit card, have any questions, or need additional paperwork to support your order.
Please also see the detailed information on new features.