In this short video, sales engineer Les Quindipan gives a brief overview and demonstration of the new features and functionality of SoundCheck 19, including the multichannel RTA, RT60 Room Acoustics module, AmpConnect 621 control, and more.
For a limited time we are offering deep discounts on a system upgrade to enable you to get up to date with the latest version of SoundCheck. The upgrade offer is a simple flat rate: $3,950 for owners of SoundCheck 13 or 14, $3,250 for owners of version 15, $2,500 for owners of versions 16 through 17, and $1,395 for owners of version 18. All the modules on your present system will be included.
SoundCheck® 19 offers new features for multi-channel and room acoustics, as well as many usability upgrades including:
- Multichannel RTA: The single-channel RTA is replaced with a new multi-channel version, which enables viewing of multiple signal paths simultaneously for a convenient view of many measurements across a wide range of applications. Spectrum settings are configured independently for each channel for complete measurement flexibility.
- Room Acoustics RT60 (optional module): This module offers extremely fast and accurate measurement of the reverberation time and clarity of any room or space with calibrated signal paths.
- WASAPI-Exclusive Mode: SoundCheck can now operate in WASAPI-exclusive mode. This delivers lower latency, ensures that sample rate conversion from the built-in Windows audio engine will not occur, and enables SoundCheck to ‘lock’ the audio interface to avoid measurement disruption by system sounds.
- AmpConnect 621 Control: SoundCheck 19 supports AmpConnect 621, Listen’s new high resolution multichannel audio interface. Set-up and configuration is extremely simple and fast with full plug-and-play functionality and TEDS support for automatic identification, configuration and calibration of microphones and accelerometers.
- Diagnostic Window: Warning dialog windows can now be suppressed when running a sequence, instead logging the errors, warnings, and information in a separate diagnostic window. This avoids sequence interruption by dialog windows in unattended or highly automated situations.
- USB Controller Knob Compatibility: SoundCheck communicates with the Drok USB Controller Knob to simulate the feel of a manual analog signal generator. Used in conjunction with other virtual instruments such as the RTA, spectrum analyzer and distortion meter, this offers a rapid way to identify defects by observing the response while manually fine-tuning the signal generator.
Call your sales engineer today to receive a quote for upgrading all your SoundCheck systems. These discounted rates are only available until May 31, 2021, so please get your order in soon!
|Upgrade from Version||Upgrade List Price||Promotional Upgrade Price||Discount|
If you are using a version prior to version 13, please contact your sales engineer for discounted price information.
- Versions of SoundCheck prior to 14 are no longer supported. We highly recommend that you take advantage of this limited time offer to upgrade your systems to the latest version. Please contact your sales engineer to discuss additional multi-system upgrade discounts.
- If you have multiple systems with different purchase dates, we are happy to work with you to get them all upgraded to the latest version and onto the same annual support contract cycle.
- You can also reduce your future upgrade costs by purchasing an annual support contract for an additional $950. With this, you will receive SoundCheck 20 when it is released at no extra charge, as well as priority support service.
Please note that these prices are applicable to the US only. Users outside the US should contact Listen or their local representative for pricing information.
Please email your purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us on this email address if you would like to pay by credit card, have any questions, or need additional paperwork to support your order.
Please also see the detailed information on new features.
SoundCheck® 19, the new release of Listen, Inc.’s flagship audio test and measurement system, offers additional functionality for multichannel measurements, including a new Multi-channel RTA, WASAPI-exclusive mode, and AmpConnect 621 control. Additionally, the inclusion of room acoustics measurements offers increased capability for those looking to evaluate devices in real-world situations. Many of these features also add value on the production line, minimizing setup time, reducing the chance of user-error, and ensuring smoother operation in automated situations.
In this release, the original ANSI S1.11-2004 Class 0 standard compliant, single-channel RTA has been enhanced to show multiple channels simultaneously. Settings for these can be configured independently, e.g. adding different weighting curves, and the power-averaged response displayed. This presents a convenient view of many measurements across a wide range of applications including overlaying left and right earphone responses to check for fit and seal, microphone array captures (e.g. in-vehicle cabin measurements), real time adjustment of active noise cancellation filter, and more. For maximum flexibility, spectrum settings are set independently for each channel, and all multi-channel RTA functionality can also be used within a test sequence for automation.
The optional RT60 Room Acoustics module enables measurement of the reverberation time and clarity of any room or space with fully calibrated signal paths. This is useful for quantifying how speakers will interact with the acoustics of a particular type of room. It can also help identify problems with room acoustics so that the floor, ceiling and walls can be treated accordingly. SoundCheck uses a continuous sine sweep with the Log TSR algorithm to obtain the impulse response. The reverberation decay curve is calculated from the backwards integrated impulse response. This method, conforming to ISO 3382-1:2009, offers extremely fast measurements, requires just one measurement at each location, and minimizes the effect of noise and distortion on the measurement.
Another enhancement is the option to use WASAPI-exclusive mode with Windows 10 audio devices. This advanced interface offers superior communication with audio devices, allowing SoundCheck to bypass the Windows audio engine, and send audio streams directly to the device. This delivers lower latency and ensures that sample rate conversion from the built-in Windows audio engine will not occur. It also enables SoundCheck to put an exclusive lock on the audio interface so that a measurement cannot be disrupted by system sounds. The ability to use multiple WASAPI devices simultaneously offers significant advantages for multichannel applications, particularly where the channel count requires multiple audio interfaces. WASAPI and ASIO devices can be combined to increase channel availability.
SoundCheck 19 supports AmpConnect 621, Listen’s new high resolution (up to 192kHz) multichannel audio interface. AmpConnect 621 has no front panel controls; it is exclusively configured via the SoundCheck 19 software. Set-up and configuration is extremely simple and fast with full plug-and-play functionality and TEDS support for automatic identification, configuration and calibration of microphones and accelerometers. The absence of front panel knobs also provides an added level of test integrity by ensuring that settings cannot be inadvertently adjusted outside of your test configuration. SoundCheck 19 with AmpConnect 621 is a simple and cost-effective solution for automotive measurements with a 6-microphone array, sound power measurements, or for measuring devices with multiple speakers such as smartphones or sound bars.
Also new is a diagnostic window which enables suppression of warning dialog windows when running a sequence, logging any errors, warnings, and information in a separate file. This is useful when Soundcheck is run in unattended or in highly automated situations (for example, on a production line) where dialog windows would interrupt the execution of a sequence. It also facilitates troubleshooting as the log is easily shared via email. SoundCheck also now allows the Drok USB Controller Knob to be used to adjust the SoundCheck Signal Generator, simulating the feel and control of operation of a traditional manual analog signal generator. Used with other virtual instruments such as the RTA, spectrum analyzer and distortion meter, this offers a rapid way to identify defects by observing the response while manually fine-tuning the signal generator.
More information (video, PDF, graphics, etc.): https://www.listeninc.com/products/soundcheck-overview/new-soundcheck-release-version-19/