In this short video, Steve Temme demonstrates two different headphone measurements with SoundCheck.
In the first demo, he measures a pair of Bluetooth earbuds in an open loop test to obtain frequency response, left/right tracking, THD and sensitivity. He also measures frequency response and sensitivity for the built-in microphone. In the second demonstration, he measures both active and passive noise cancellation of a pair of over the ear headphones with pink noise and speech.
These measurements are made with SoundCheck, the AudioConnect audio interface and the PQC-4149 Bluetooth interface. The SoundCheck test sequences to run these tests are available free of charge on our website.
Headphone measurements demonstrated include:
- Headphone frequency response
- Headphone left/right tracking (L/R tracking)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Microphone frequency response
- Microphone sensitivity
- Active noise cancellation with pink noise and speech
- Passive noise cancellation with pink noise and speech
- Total noise cancellation with pink noise and speech
Presenter: Steve Temme
Duration: 10 Mins
Headphone Measurement Resources
Learn more about our headphone complete test sequence (available in the sequences folder of your SoundCheck installation).