Les Quindipan of Listen, Inc. and Kristopher Hett of Portland Tool & Die demonstrate Bluetooth testing with a variety devices, test parameters, and testing considerations. Kris Hett introduces the Portland Tool & Die Bluetooth interfaces that are used to connect the device under test to the measurement system. He discusses the technical specifications, and explains the differences between these and other types of Bluetooth interfaces. Les Quindipan then demonstrates how these have been fully integrated into SoundCheck for simple plug and play operation, and how they can be used in test sequences. He also highlights some of the algorithms included in SoundCheck that overcome Bluetooth-induced time delays, thus enabling these devices to be tested in a similar way to their wired counterparts. A complete test on a Bluetooth speaker and a Bluetooth Headset is demonstrated.
Seminar demonstrations include:
- Overview of Portland Tool & Die Bluetooth interfaces features and functionality
- Portland Tool & Die software control integration with SoundCheck
- SoundCheck configuration and calibration for testing Bluetooth devices
- Software control of Portland Tool & Die devices within a SoundCheck sequence
- Demonstrations of sequence measuring Bluetooth headsets and speakers
Presenters: Les Quindipan, Kristopher Hett
Duration: 30 Mins
Bluetooth testing Resources
- Our sequence library contains many ready-to-run sequences for testing Bluetooth devices, available for download for no charge.
More about testing Bluetooth devices
Check out our main page on Bluetooth Headphone Testing, which includes links to test sequences, relevant products and more.